Every season we stand

Every season we stand
Trip to Perth (Photographed in 2014)

Saturday, September 4, 2010

Bali Escapade: The Last Dive??



Prior to Bali, my last dive was at Phuket, at 2004 (we returned just days before the Tsunami hit). Between that & this dive, I had totally forgotten where my regulator was and how to inflate & deflate my BCD. So it took me a while before I got into the element again.

Buoyancy problems. I have always had that difficulty underwater & it had always killed the fun for me. Strangely, it wasn't so pronounced during this dive. At least, I didn't unwittingly float my way up to the surface halfway through. Fred is the more competent diver, between us. But this time round, he had a weird encounter. No, not with sharks but he had a nagging headache throughout the dive, which he couldn't put his finger on. It troubled him for the whole 50 mins underwater such that he asked the divemaster for us to surface. It was back on the boat that he realised his headache was caused by an overtight mask. Ha!

Will this be our last dive? We'll see...

Always jittery before any dive.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails