Every season we stand

Every season we stand
Trip to Perth (Photographed in 2014)

Tuesday, November 2, 2010

His affection in a piece of 'surprise' cake

26 Oct 2010, I came home from an evening workshop & asked if the hubby bought any dessert, like I told him to, since I predicted correctly that I was gonna get hungry at an unearthly hour of quarter past ten. He gave me a wide-eyed look & declared that the shop was already closed as he had worked late. Then, he innocently turned back to National Geographic channel & continued his adventures with the monster fish.

Now that left a gaping hole in my heart. I cursed the monster fish in my mind but of course, one must be an understanding wife that the hubs worked very hard on his job to bring home the 3/4 loaf of bread (that's in proportion to my contribution). So I let out a pathetic sigh & walked away to lick my own wounds.


To seek solace while the hubs was glued to the TV screen, I opened the fridge door, wondering if I might feed myself something.  There I saw this mess (pictured above). Now that would never be my doing! It turned out this was the hubby's best attempt at hiding my slice of birthday cake. He was half-hoping I wouldn't open the fridge. So he showed me his most boyish glee when I said - what is this???

A brief round of investigation - he confessed that he had in fact bought this slice of cake at 5pm, way before he knocked off. Aaaawwww! Sweet! And he decided to try a different flavour instead of just the more popular carrot walnut cake. Ohhh... Thoughtful! So it was a perfect night afterall.








Chocolate Banana Espresso Cake
Melts in your mouth, this is a soft chocolate cake sandwiched with fresh caramelized banana, topped with espresso chocolate frosting, and finished with crunchy walnut strussel, oat strussel.


Check out Cedele's chilled cakes selection!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails