Every season we stand

Every season we stand
Trip to Perth (Photographed in 2014)

Thursday, November 11, 2010

Megamind to save the world!

I don't get a lot of time with the kids cos' believe me you, their schedule is as packed as the sardines are in their cans (hmm... imagery & rhyming both intended).

So it was good fortune that I watched a movie with our dear little people, the one who's my sweetheart & the one who's my heartthrob. And to add the sugar to the already sweetened experience, after sending Lau-Mah to my home so she could go jalan-jalan from there, I found her waiting outside the movie theatre (she had decided to stopover & patiently stood outside the theatre at a strategic spot so she wouldn't miss them by accident) because she too wanted to see the kids, give & receive some hugs. Aawwhhhh! Now you know what runs in the family. Love & tenderness.





Oh, and we have lots of that soft-hearted tenderness throughout the animation. My God! Ash, my sweetheart was sobbing at the plight & misfortune that befell on the characters of the animation. She was indeed a running tap! It was heartening that somehow, goodness triumphs over evil, love wins over hatred in animation movies. I am glad she can hold this in her youthful mental schema -- for as long as before she can understand the abstract, relative nature of universal truths.

And oh oh, how was Tris's experience, sitting beside her mommy (who BTW, chuckled quite loudly at certain scenes, the childish nature in her manifested fully) & munching his skittles? After the movie, he asked his mommy what was the movie about? (My turn to chuckle!) The plot was probably too complicated for him. yeah, the bad guy who was rejected & decided to BE the bad guy, who then got bored BEING the bad guy & so decided to switch roles & BE the good guy..... WOA! All too complicated for a 4 year old schema lah!

Even the youth couldn't take it - the boys behind my row exclaimed, "This is a screwed-up good & bad guy story man!" Hahahahaaaa! Whatever...


After-movie Dinner at The Orange Lantern Vietnamese Restaurant


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails