Every season we stand

Every season we stand
Trip to Perth (Photographed in 2014)

Saturday, October 9, 2010

Love at First Bite: the Story of Bread of Life

One fine day, Jim walked into the office exclaiming enthusiastically, while holding up what looked like a tiny loaf of something, "Hey, people, I forgot to bring this Bread of Life up! Wah, when Joanne bought this & we tried, it was very nice! You all must try! Let's eat this for teabreak!" If you know my colleague Jim, also the father of my Goddaughter, Chloe, you can totally imagine the sparkle in his eyes, the energy in his voice as he announced the introduction of the 'Bread of Life'! Jim is a born evangelist!

Suddenly, there was a little stir in the otherwise quiet office shared by Jocelyn, Ee Dzu, Jim & myself. I was curious, as usual, at Jim's raving about this little loaf that looked a hybrid between a sponge cake and baked bread? I was the uninitiated, where food was concerned, despite having a penchant for food blogs. Ha! (I know it doesn't make sense!)




The cake lived up to its name, or rather to Jim's earnest advertisement ^__^
My introduction was to 'yam' flavour. The cake was light & soft to the bite. The outer layer was what you find on pastries: crispy. Heavenly combination indeed!

It was love at first bite! Jim has made me a convert of 'Bread of Life'!

Footnote: This item is named 'Crispy Sponge Cake' by its creators, Bread of Life Bakery.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails