Every season we stand

Every season we stand
Trip to Perth (Photographed in 2014)

Thursday, October 28, 2010

To Gucci or not to Gucci

Nowadays, I get opportunities aplenty to laugh at myself. Since a couple of weeks ago, I contracted what I would call a Gucci-fever. I started checking out Gucci online & going into the boutiques on weekends to touch & feel the items (I mean bags for now). Then I trod purposefully to Coach, touched & felt some more what I picked as comparable items & in a discerning, scientific manner, tried my judgement at which designer bag was worth its luxurious price tag.

It helped when I engaged the hubs in an assignment - you need to help me with an engineering perspective. Ah! when I phrase it correctly, I win him over as ally. Believe me this - he is even more discerning & has a wonderful taste for colours, materials etc. & I totally respect & lean towards his suggestions. Not bad for a man really. ('Good pick!' - said to myself)

So my cous, who's merchandiser for Gucci, got harassed by me lately with emails of numerical codes. I 'begged' him nicely to check out if he could get me 'good p-lie, good p-lie!' (like the touters in Phuket or Bali would say) haha! He's now busy with a company event so I soothe my fever with ice-cream and cakes for the moment.

Below is a conversation I just had with my sister over my Gucci infection. I seem to be seriously ill. Looks like my sister nor my mother, who traditionally would nurse me back to health (either physically or emotionally) are going to be helpful with this latest bout of disease.

Last Saturday, on my hurried field study trip of Gucci, I dashed past Miu Miu. I pointed it out enthusiastically to the hubs & proclaimed out loud - "Remember so-and-so we know was crazy about this brand, you know, Mu-ee Mu-ee!" 

Today as I was surfing the web, I found out I have murdered the designer brand totally. Haha!! No wonder I never owned a designer handbag, ever. Cos I can't spel-ling it co-llect-ly & I can't s-air it co-llect-ly as well! Ha! So I had hell-of-a-good-time laughing at my atrocious attempts to pronounce all these French/Italian labels. In case I do promote myself to consumption of designer goods one day as a lifestyle (stifled-by-my-own-laughter!), here is a helpful link I will need to survive on. And experts like juz2bsure.wordpress.com to go to online.

Meanwhile, I continue to experience symptoms of a fever for Gucci GG Twins tote & a mental torment of to-Gucci-or-not-to-Gucci.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails