Every season we stand

Every season we stand
Trip to Perth (Photographed in 2014)

Thursday, April 16, 2009

My Nice Walkabout On My Own (London Diary: Borough Market at London Bridge)

On a wet Thursday afternoon, after completing my chores at the apartment, I decided to take some time for myself & walk around London. I started at London Bridge, heading for the Borough Market.






Had to take these pictures for Fred. I wished he was with me cos visiting markets are always an all-time favourite with us. At home, we do it out of necessity. When we are away, we do it out of curiosity & fun!
Fred, look at the types of seafood on this signboard.









Fresh seafood in London comes with a 'killer' price tag.

A stall was selling green mussels cooked in green curry. I was too shy to inch forward for a taste.

The guy's carving meat out of this huge beef thigh. Something we'll never see back home.

P.S. Dear Fred, I miss our regular routine of going out to the markets & choosing the freshest catch of fish. Without you by my side, I definitely just settle for what's acceptable. Hope to be by your side soon. Sigh!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails