Every season we stand

Every season we stand
Trip to Perth (Photographed in 2014)

Friday, August 13, 2010

The Fishing Lover I love



For the longest time that I have known him, Fred has this love for fishing. In his scheme of things & self-concept, a love for fishing sits perfectly with his love to eat fish. Hmmm.... Ok, whatever... so long as one experiences congruence.

This was one night he decided to venture out to Labrador Park & try his luck, even if it was remote. I watched, with wonder & admiration, his patience at setting up his gear & preparing baits. Wow, what a man!


I eased back on my field chair (oh yes! absolutely comfy) & was very happy being a quiet supporter of my husband's fishing quest.

I soon found my own world of solace: the sea breeze lapping my face, the crickets' chirping (or I thought they were), the sound of breaking water & then unexpectedly, a drama of fireworks from Sentosa island (probably the Resorts World). All these combined made for a most relaxing night, which I had not experienced by the sea, for a long time, except on those dive trips we used to take many years ago.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails