Every season we stand

Every season we stand
Trip to Perth (Photographed in 2014)

Sunday, August 22, 2010

Aftershock for me




There were numerous moments in the movie when I wept. I thought about myself. My heart wrenching experiences. Thought about grief & loss. Thought about what a family means to me. I watched also from a psychological point of view. This movie's characters make for rich case studies of PTSD, death, grief, adoption, attachment, reconciliation. It's quite amazing almost every adverse & arduous emotion that a human person could ever endure was so skilfully compressed into one tale and artfully portrayed by each individual cast member. I felt like I knew the characters in the movie. I felt I could have spoken to them, like they were my friends.




Just a few days before I had planned to watch the movie, my sister sent me a text message saying I ought to watch it. Of course, now, I know why she said that. At this stage in my life, I am contemplating hard on my existing family ties and questioning myself what the future may hold. I wish to escape some major life decisions I now have to make. But every day I live & breathe, I am confronted by what my heart desires & what my soul bares to my self. In the deepest recesses, in the core of my being, I scrutinize my values & ask what is a meaningful life to me? What purpose can I die for? Or less dramatically, live for?

Aftershock for me is about making choices. Once again in my life, I make my own choices & live by them, for good & for bad. Because there are some choices which are neither all good or all bad. It is perhaps a matter of the least regrets, for we all do live with our own private 'what if' & 'if only'.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails