Every season we stand

Every season we stand
Trip to Perth (Photographed in 2014)

Sunday, December 21, 2008

A Visit to the Marina Barrage & the IMPRESSIVE water exhibition



On a particular December Monday when both Fred & I took leave from work, our schedules were more packed than when we were at work. Ha! That's why they call it family commitments. This back-to-back schedule included a visit to the Marina Barrage after a hearty chicken-rice lunch at Boon Tong Kee. Not that I am complaining because being out with my folks & my sister's family is always a delight ;) The kids... you never get enough of them because they wear you out after a certain time... hahaha.
Partial view of the barrage's signature circular structures that resemble two 9s


The look-out point

View of the skyscrapers & Singapore Flyer







The kids actually had the same expression as their daddy!





Oops... futile attempt to lift DiDi - instead, exposure of the belly button!

The children posing at the entrance of the water exhibition







I was totally wowed by the exhibition! Absolutely fabulous & world-class! I have not stepped into the Science Centre for yeon years since I grew out of childhood. For that matter of fact, after school excursions were a by-gone thing for me, I have never fancied visiting any exhibition or museum in Singapore. So I didn't think much of a water exhibition - YAWN. Maybe boring... BUT, gosh! I was so wrong... I actually think this FOC exhibition deserves a return visit & a much longer time than we could afford that day.



Studying the history of water... behind Fred is a wall panel made from empty plastic bottles... WOW!

Fred is totally into museums, exhibitions & sorts - anywhere - Vietnam, US, Japan, London, Taiwan ... practically everywhere he has gone to.


Compared to Fred's studious attitude, Daddy was all cheeky when asked to pose with mom... well, let me clarify, they weren't doing this the whole time.




Close-up of the exhibits - I had to snap this photo cos Mum said she wore the same kind of outfit as a teen & did the same thing - fetching water with those metallic-looking pails!

Very tasteful, glass decor & reflective panels, complete with plasma interactive displays gave the exhibition hall a modern, edgy touch. Peek inside the huge water droplet for an informative write-up... so totally COOL!!!

This part of the exhibition has the eco-friendly theme.

The whole exhibition area is dressed up in green foliage... I love it!

This water tank is a simulator of sorts to show how the dams work to separate the sea water & 'transform' it into reservoir water... sorry, cannot spew the technicalities. But the guide said they couldn't work the demo cos of technical glitches that day. Aw!!!


In another exhibition hall, the exhibits were right under our feet. We trampled all over the huge Singapore map!

Hmmm... which part of Singapore is the best place to live in?


The city skyline

Where I work

Aha! Where I live... this one hard to find - almost hidden underneath a seat ;)


Di Di looked like he could use a nap while Ash seemed to be on a sugar run.


Trying to look composed lugging a sugar-high kid!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails