Every season we stand

Every season we stand
Trip to Perth (Photographed in 2014)

Saturday, December 27, 2008

Christmas Cheers 2008 (Part 2)


While the adults were still enjoying their food, Ashley asked me,"Is it a toy?" Knowing she was referring to her Christmas present, I replied,"No." Ah, that was her cue to open her presents. "I am bored. Can I open my presents?" Ashley persisted.


The minute the children were granted permission to open their presents, they acted as swift as lightning. The wrappers were ripped apart mercilessly, in an urgency to reveal the contents. The younger Tristan did not need much prodding either. He worked away at the wrapping paper with such speed and dexterity that both amazed and amused me. Part of the innate aggressive urges in children, I guess. It seemed children were born to do this (destroy wrappers), particularly getting lots of practice at Christmas.

Mummy helped Tris to open up his gingerbread man present.


Tris was delighted!

In the spririt of giving, he was instructed to share his gingerbread man cookies, which he was only too glad to oblige. Sweet boy! Although you could see that tinge of impatience that said - I wanna eat it now!


Gong Gong was politely offered one!


Ah! Finally, I get to chomp away at the head! Tris muttered softly the part that got chewed away - head! Proof of oral aggression in kids - Aha!




But then, they can be sweet angels too ;)

Fred's turn to open his pressie from the kids.


They gave him a superman T-shirt to boost his ego! (maybe to match... haha)




Us, showing off our pressies.


But the greatest gift of all was the children's companionship, the fun & laughter they brought us.


Ash didn't receive toys from me. But she did quickly get her hands on MY gift, a jig-saw puzzle from my colleague, Jocelyn. Not only did Ash finish fixing the pieces, she even borrowed my camera to take a couple of close-ups of the puzzle. She suggested with excitement that I could show my friend, Jocelyn. She sure knows about 'being friends' ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails