Every season we stand

Every season we stand
Trip to Perth (Photographed in 2014)

Friday, January 16, 2015

Angel & her Dove

Just midway through Jan, I am forced once again to reckon with the fact that my dearest firstborn in my heart, my precious daughter is a highly spirited child. Persistent, adventurous, free-spirited. She has gained enough 'smartness' to assert herself in negotiations with grown-ups. Today, she persisted in getting her own way: she wilfully demanded a timed session of playing BEFORE doing her work! Wow... since when... this is progressive for her!

I am almost resigned to the fact that I come home every evening from work to discipline her for her daytime tantrums & disobedience. This is my additional responsibility on top of table tasks with her & reading. Big sigh here! But I love her so deeply I will not allow myself to be inconsistent with our house rules. There's no giving up! I grit my teeth. Love conquers all things, including exhaustion, tiredness and sacrifice of personal time.

Tonight, she is all together funny. This is taken after I spanked her bottom for her daytime 'crime': tantruming & wanting to play before completing her Chinese name writing.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails