Every season we stand

Every season we stand
Trip to Perth (Photographed in 2014)

Thursday, August 6, 2009

Our Summer in France & Italy - Seine River & Jardine du Luxembourg

Fred was extremely pleased with the river cruise. The only part of the trip that didn't require extensive walking. While he truly sat back & relaxed, I was trying to capture whatever I could with my camera. My camera - my eyes, my memory. I have a bad case of terrible episodic memory. I don't know why. Maybe it's more a case of a lack of retrieval cues in normal routine living to recall such pleasant moments. Without my camera, it would be tough for me to relive all my pleasant moments.



The Jardine du Luxembourg was a surprise find. We dropped by only the morning of the day we were flying back to London. The atmosphere was totally relaxing, therapeutic and casual. Fountains & greenery - just the perfect outdoor combination. It would have been nice if I were a Parisian & could come here on the weekends just to chill out with a book in front of one of those big fountains. Back home, it's the lack of space. The vastness of an area that could contain the crowds but yet have them spread out so each still has privacy for retreat.







The wonder of the parks & gardens in Paris is the vastness & of cos, for an equator-dweller like me, the cooling climate. Maybe I will return for the Parisian parks in Spring or Autumn, some day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails