Every season we stand

Every season we stand
Trip to Perth (Photographed in 2014)

Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Our Last National Day Gathering at Casablanca

Feeling a little nostalgic writing this now. This is the first home we set up but soon, we will say good bye to it.

This home redeemed us from some bad decisions we made after getting hitched. This home saw a maturing of our relationship. It witnessed the ups and downs, the silent struggles from rejection to acceptance, from being self-centred to being more generous. This home weathered the storms & grew with us, as we grew with each other. This home exemplified some values we still hold fast to - sacrifice, prudence, meticulation, conscientiousness and organisation.

So as my folks gathered around for the last National Day celebration at my home -I looked around & counted my blessings. Some things were torn, broken & were discarded. But these were just furniture. The kids have grown. We have grown older - but wiser, more experienced in the delicate dealings in life. Our parents have aged more - but simultaneously more settled into passing on their legacy, into nurturing the younger generation. Contentment was written on their faces.

What could I ask for more? More love, more tolerance & more generosity from myself to others I guess. When this house is finally emptied out, I would like to bring with me the spirit of self-awareness, the willingness to adapt, to make changes - into the second home in which I will plant my roots.

I thank God for this house, this home.

Patriotic citizens - rise to your feet!




Reciting the pledge.


Ashley is an August baby.




Just love the kids' expressions & actions.








Di Di just wants to help... enthusiastic!





No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails