Every season we stand

Every season we stand
Trip to Perth (Photographed in 2014)

Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Fred's Homecoming

Thinking that one has a lot of time on hand is usually an illusive idea. When Fred left for London 3 months ago in April, I thought I would have lots of personal time - 'me' time. For re-creation, for relaxation, for reflection. Alas! The 3 months were up in the wink of an eye. I didn't do much reading except loads of guidebooks for the Venice-Rome-Paris trip, didn't do a single baking - which I thought I finally had lots of free time to; didn't actually meet up with the frens I planned to as well. Hmmm... somehow, time just slipped through like sand through one's fingers.

Back to Fred's homecoming, it's sort of bittersweet. Sweet cos finally, my soul mate is coming home! Missed rubbing his cheeks every morning, or pecking them at night. No need to endure the irritating, constant disconnection from skyping. No need to rely on CNA for company every night before bedtime. No need to reconsider whether to watch a late-night ghost movie or just Criminal Minds.

Bitter cos hey! absence makes the heart fonder & familarity breeds contempt. Haha! All married couples know that. The taking-each-other-for-granted syndrome always slowly creep back into routine living. Less thank you, less I-love-you, less I-appreciate-you. Rubbing-each-other-on-the-wrong-side occasionally & inevitably plays out in the family drama. I am a realist. It's back to tolerance & real love. Not just passion or the fondness cos of a brief separation.

Anywaz, life returned to normal the day Fred came home. I have even less personal time (imagine I dun even have kids - how horrifying will that be if I have them 2 or 3 kids??) ... my concerns are back to OUR concerns, OUR future plans. Marriage itself is bittersweet.

The kids waiting for Fred's appearance at the airport.


My MIL couldn't wait for her son's return.






Fred missed driving his 'economical' car.


At Lavender Food Centre... Tris waiting patiently for his food.


Ting & Rob took time out just to welcome Fred home. I can't ask for more affectionate siblings, can I?

My cheery folks.


Notice Fred's 'Shanghai Beach' hairstyle... he hadn't cut his hair for 3 months - oh well, London was cold & a simple hair cut would have set him back by 30+ pounds.



Tris tried to show me a figure 8.. Oh, he was determined to be precise!


Homecoming dinner. All folks present.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails