Every season we stand

Every season we stand
Trip to Perth (Photographed in 2014)

Monday, January 11, 2010

A Good Night

A good night always starts w good food. Now food doesn't hav to b in a posh, ex restaurant. Many times, the joy lies in hunting down good food at economical prices. If ur pocket can stomach it, u can stomach it indeed.


My FIL was extremely pleased dat he had his fishhead kakis, aka us.



Jus good-old toufu seaweed soup to wash down everything.



After chomping down our food, a walk is essential.

My MIL started recounting how her mother encountered the dead ghost of their neighbour. Now I've never heard tis before. So after she repeated the story a third time, I too found myself rehearsing the same responses. But tis OK cos each time, she told the story as if telling it for e first time & hearing my responses for the first time. So it's quite stress-free chatting w her.

Then, we stopped to look at the house she grew up in. I was like wooooohhhhhh. Mum's childhood house was at Clarke Quay while MIL's at Chinatown.







Early CNY mood. Decided to snack on famous bah-kua. FIL led e way in search of a coffee stop. We walked past a regular kopitiam n he said no, need a place w better ambience.

So he finally brought us to a cafe at level 2 w hanging lanterns, n a view overlooking the hustle n bustle of activities. Dat brought my second woooohhh for e nite. I was impressed w his idea!





- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails