Every season we stand

Every season we stand
Trip to Perth (Photographed in 2014)

Monday, November 10, 2008

The Chronicles of the Children: Trick or treat? The pumpkin and the fairy (Episode 5)


Hey, its Halloween! Mummy says jie-jie will dress as a fairy and I will dress as a pumpkin! Hmmm... I'm not sure if that is flattering for my image but I suppose mummy knows best. She always coordinates my dressing & helps with fashion. I trust her ;)
This pumpkin suit turns out to be quite unique. To keep me cool, I wear NOTHING underneath. Except my pampers. Well, you know - if you gotta have it, you gotta have it...
Mummy got me to wear this little hat over my head to complete the look. OK, I know details matter but I am doing it ONLY for the camera because it's kindda uncomfortable having this string underneath my chin. URGHHH! OK, OK, I will give the camera a good grin & get done with it. Whew!!!
Maybe I should negotiate with jie-jie for her tutu. Let's see? What can I trade with her? My gingerbread man maybe? Her outfit definitely looks less bulky & more airy leh! Not fair! How come mine's all wrapped up?? Better to be a gal in such occasions, haiz ;P
So now I know what Halloween is about - we walked from house to house in the evening with the rest of the kids (I dunno their names...??? But mostly jie-jie's friends I guess). The adults in the house welcomed us and gave us sweets. Everybody said I looked cute! Hee hee, I collected quite a lot of sweets in my little pumpkin-pot. Aiyah, these sweets kept me going. I realised that walking around all wrapped up was worse than walking naked with pampers you know! Whenever I reached a house, mummy and Aunty Nisa would help me 'disrobe' to make sure I didn't get heat stroke or something. Wow, nude never felt so good! They fed me with water and fanned me. When they said it was time to leave & I had to put the costume on again, I whined a little and protested... But mummy said I get sweets for that... uhmmm... after seconds of serious consideration, I reckon it was worth this huge amount of sacrifice & I guess I could live with being a pumpkin for a while. Wait, wait, let me check ... whew! Halloween's once a year. HENG AH!!!
Ah, I got a bonus too! Chin Yi-Yi thinks I am the best-looking pumpkin ever in the history of her chronicles... whatever that is... ;) The most important thing - I still maintain my cute and adorable image. hehehe! Bye, Halloween. See you next year! (But maybe I will try to be something else than a pumpkin next year... hmmm, must remember to discuss with mom seriously).






Jie-jie looks so sweet !

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails