Every season we stand

Every season we stand
Trip to Perth (Photographed in 2014)

Monday, November 10, 2008

The Chronicles of the Children: When Spooky, Ash and Tris visited, complete with Dino and Paw-print boots (Episode 4)

I summoned everyone to gather for my birthday celebration a day after my birthday. Fred was hospitalised a day before my birthday for his deviated nasal septum surgery. Hence, I woke up to my birthday on a hospital couch. Fred was slightly too weak to say much or do much on my birthday. And we shuttered home to get him some more rest. So I was looking forward to everyone visiting the day after my birthday.

The kids never disappoint. In fact, they brought a nice surprise - they brought along Spooky, a Halloween-white bear, Halloween because it had no proper legs and sort of was perpetually floating about. Tris and Ash themselves came nicely dressed, complete with Dino-boots for Tris and Paw-print boots for Ash. Oh, she had a Power-puff tote bag as an accessory too ;)







The Dino-boots looked menacing enough, with fins and fierce-looking teeth. But the little boy himself was mild that day. More reserved. Still, he good-naturedly offered the camera his polaroid grin. Hmmm, must be a let-my-hair-down day for both the little and not-too-little guy ;P


After a sumptuous lunch of century-egg porridge, oven-grilled chicken mid-joint wings, clear soup of clam, mushrooms & other goodies (prepared by yours truly), plus fried bee hoon (prepared by mum), we all adjourned to the karaoke room for our social recreation.


First, the kids' entertainment (well, the adults were nonetheless entertained too). Ash belted out song after song of Children's nursery. Spooky provided vocal back-up on and off. Tris bellowed heartily whenever he felt confident he was keeping in pace (and melody?)






For some strange reason, we forgot to take pictures of me, the children and the birthday cake.. oh well, I don't know why. Maybe we just missed that out after the song and candles-blowing.

After the adults half-indulged themselves with singing David Tao's songs, the next activity of the kids awaited them in the form of a High School Musical Senior Year movie. So as quickly as they came, the kids were whisked off by their daddy and mummy, maid in tow. Before leaving, Ash reminded me that we didn't have ice-cream, the item of which I had announced to her proudly at lunch. I regretfully explained that there was no time. Hmmm, I gotta make sure ice cream gets served, if not first, the next time the kids visit.
So the children, Spooky and all the singing - it made my day-after-birthday - rather special ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails