Every season we stand

Every season we stand
Trip to Perth (Photographed in 2014)

Monday, October 6, 2008

Ashley's Growing Up

I just reviewed a clip I took of Ashley at 4 years old when her little brother, Tristan, was born. Looking at her mannerism back then and now, at 6 years of age, she has really blossomed into a young girl, who is more independent-minded (my mother will echo this statement) and vocal. She is finally.. hmm... ready for primary school next year? I wonder if my sister will agree with me ;)

Ashley at 4 years old

Ashley at her 6th birthday this year

Although I enjoy my niece at different stages of her development, I can't help but feel a sense of loss that she is growing up so fast. One day, she will become all grown-up, a teenager with a sense of adventure and invincibility, hopefully not too distant or overly preoccupied in her own world of thoughts and emotions. Like how I was and all teenagers basically. My little princess is going to lose that innocence, that freshness as a toddler, that make-believe fantasy world she lives in and realise the adult world is less 'fun'?

I am not sure I want her to grow up but I know she has to... sigh.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails