Every season we stand

Every season we stand
Trip to Perth (Photographed in 2014)

Saturday, May 11, 2013

Mother Day's Sermon 2013 & my thoughts on God in May

Start of May -- The story of Ruth heard over & over again through the years of my Christian walk took a special meaning this year. Because of the uncertainty we will face in our road ahead as a family.

The invited speaker said loud and clear into my spirit: It is during difficult times that the purest form of love thrives. Despite a bleak future, Ruth chose comittment & loyalty to stay on with Naomi who complained bitterly.

It is during difficult times that family & friends unite closely and watch how God brings His promises to pass.

Before we give up on a difficult situation, remember that we could be on a journey to our kinsmen redeemer, like Ruth. The Lord is faithful to those who listen to Him who chooses to consecrate themselves & is willing to submit to Him in obedience. Amen!

The story of Ruth encourages me to keep my eyes on God. She is one of those Bible heroines who will never be forgotten. 

         xxxxx      xxxxx

End of May -- When the storm rages in my mind, I know it's time to turn every fearful & anxious thought into a positive thought that God is more than able! God is more than willing as much as He is able. He holds me in His palm. I am precious to Him. He will move Heaven & Earth to meet me in my times of need. He never let me down. As I go through my time of deep searching, I am humbled at His faithfulness, I am touched by His forgiveness. I am acutely aware of my imperfection, my sins that I once thought nothing of, but now in realization that He has never forsaken me, even when He had every reason to. It is this Amazing Grace that brought tears of gratitude to my eyes. I long to remember: no matter where I am in my life, success and failure, abundance and in lack, I want to always lean on You. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails