Every season we stand

Every season we stand
Trip to Perth (Photographed in 2014)

Thursday, November 10, 2011

October's Reflection

October again! But no, this year's October is a special one. The hubs and I celebrated our birthdays as first-time parents, and our journeys are somewhat more special than most other parents we know. We celebrate our birthdays as first-time adoptive parents. I kept reminding myself (and occasionally the hubs when I catch the right mood): we made a life-changing decision because we choose to have someone to love unconditionally. Come back-break or heart-break, it is an unending love affair we never turn our backs on. May this special birthday be the first of many more years of maturing, growing and understanding. To see the wonders of the world through my child's eyes is indeed my privilege.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails